How Content Writing Can Help Your Business.
Okay, so there are many businesses I have seen who are making this mistake. I don’t know why they make it but they do not focus on content at all.
Although they may know how important content is but still fail to put in a considerable amount of time and effort to build it.
Let me tell you How Content Writing Can Help Your Business.
Think for yourself!
If you want to build an authority in your niche.
How will you do it? Posts? Features & benefits?
No, people don’t care for that. What they need are free ideas and proven results. That’s all.
Now you may ask, “I’m just starting out how can I give proven results?”
Initially, I know it’s not easy to provide that. Instead what you can do is start providing free content.
This is where Content writing comes in. A well-written content tackling a particular problem in your niche and guiding people on how to solve that issue will be an asset that builds reputation and authority.
Now here imagine you are in the niche of providing photography as a service. How would you convince your client that you are a good photographer? By saying that I am a good photographer or by showing them results…?
You get that, right?
In a similar way, if you provide Digital marketing as a service. You may have clients working with you but think about the businesses that do not have that much budget to pay for your service.
How can you help them?
By providing them “free content on marketing your business”. They may not become your clients now, but you have reserved them as your potential client for the future.
Here’s another good thing for you…
If your content helped them then they would recommend your content to their known people who are also struggling with the same issue.
In short, this is the chain process of promotion also known as Publicity that is done when your content is able to provide solutions for their problems.
It also builds up your reputation, authority, and makes you stand out from the rest of your competitors.
How to write good content?
There is no fixed set of rules that you have to follow to create engaging content but here are some tips that you can use to create great content.
- Find a problem in your niche
- Learn more, read more, understand more about that problem and why does it occur.
- Make the content realistic and write it like a conversation.
- Don’t make it too informal, keep it comfortable, and avoid using difficult words.
- Use headings, sub–headings, and pointers where ever necessary.
- Ensure you have provided a working solution to them. You may use pictures to make them understand more. You can also create graphics for your self read here for more
- Don’t ask them to pay or buy something. Content is meant to engage or take some action but it’s not made to make a sale.
- Instead, you may ask them to become your lead by sharing their name and email and send them any bonus material, e-books, webinars, etc.
Key points to remember.
- Content writing is done to engage people.
- The content should be informative, a solution.
- Don’t write stories unless it adds value to the real meaning.
- Keep it real and to the point.
- Make it look amazing by using bold letters, capital letters, headings, or quotations.
Where can you write content?
Let me share with you a simple plan.
Although almost all businesses have a website nowadays so you can post your article under the blog page.
These websites are the place of a good starter if you want to post articles or blogs.
Content writing is not limited to blogs or articles.
Yes, even your social media post caption, is also a type of content writing. You are writing to engage, get more likes, comments, and shares. Isn’t it?
How many times have you posted a comment in a random post and got many haha… reactions, or comments?
Chances are many times!
And how many times they didn’t even receive one reaction?
These also many times… Correct?
So you see, it’s about the quality of the content that gets you attention.
So just put this skill in your everyday life, and start developing it.
Do not forget a good writer is also a good reader.